Culinary Tour Guide (Location/Krakow)
Delicious Poland is a tour company that focuses on the culinary and cultural side of Poland. Our mission is to help travellers experience Poland and its flavours through local eyes. We believe that travel is about getting to know the local character by tasting food, drinking brews, and learning the stories behind them by chatting with local people.
We are looking for somebody with a passion for Polish cuisine and the city of Krakow to be responsible for conducting culinary tours in Krakow (Food Tours, Vodka Tours). You will lead groups of up to 12 people to 2 of Krakow's off-the-beaten-path restaurants&bars over the course of 3.5 hours. Our main focus is on food and culture, but your own personal stories and knowledge of Polish history would be a great asset. If you are an enthusiastic, positive and energetic person, who enjoys meeting new people, this is the job for you.
We are offering part-time and full-time positions (20/40 hours per week). The salary is dependent on the knowledge and experience of the candidate.
- Fluent English (B2 level). English is necessary for this job. Sorry, but this is not a position to help you improve your English skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Great public speaker and storyteller. You must be able to captivate, engage, and keep the interest of the group.
- Capable of multitasking and creative problem-solving.
- Have a positive attitude and ability to manage people
- Well-organised and reliable
- Flexible: this role will require some weekend shifts.
- Available at least 5 days per week
- Knowledgeable about Krakow's food, history, and cultural scene.
- Good knowledge of Polish culture and customs
- Prior experience in the tourism industry
- Guide small groups of 2-12 people on culinary tours in English (for a detailed description of the tours visit: www.deliciouspoland.com)
- Contribute to Delicious Poland blog and social media accounts
- Make arrangements before and after the tour and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Continually develop and enhance your knowledge
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A potential dream job where you can meet new people from all over the world and enjoy good food
- Comprehensive training
- Educational materials
- A position working with a promising travel startup
How to apply:
If you think that you’re the person we’re looking for, please fill out the form below. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the position.