Bring your passion and we’ll cook a famous Polish dish. Make pierogis with us and experience a Polish home in Krakow.
THE BASICS OF pıerogı cookıng class
Price: PLN 200 (EUR 47) per person
Starting Time: 1 pm / weekends
Minumum Participants: 2 - Maximum Participants: 4 Private Tour option available
WHAT IS PIEROGI COOKING CLASS?
The Delicious Poland Pierogi Class is a 3-hour cooking class in a local home. There’s nothing like a home-cooked meal for really getting to know a place, and it’s even better when you get to do the cooking.
When you join us for our pierogi cooking class, you’ll be welcomed into a local home with open arms. We’ll all make this traditional dish with our own hands, but you’ll be so busy enjoying yourself that you won’t even break a sweat. Throughout, we’ll tell you all about the history and culture of Polish cuisine, we’ll taste a little vodka, we’ll share cooking tips that we learned from our grandmothers, and we’ll generally just talk, laugh, and have a good time.
Before you start cooking, you’re going to need some ingredients. We’ll meet at the Central Market and give you a shopping list. The list will be in Polish and we’ll try to do our shopping in Polish, but don’t worry – we’ll be right there by your side to help you.
Next, it’s off to our kitchen, where we’ll give you a crash course in Polish cuisine. After that, you’ll get to cooking, but you shouldn’t be intimidated even if you’re an inexperienced cook. This experience is for everyone, from amateur chefs to college students who can barely make toast. You’ll be given all the materials, equipment, instruction, and support to get the job done.
During this 3-hour class, you’ll be making 2 different types of pierogi – Ruski and sweet. We keep the groups small so that each participant can get individual attention. This makes for more delicious pierogis and better conversation.
If you’re ready to taste the authentic flavors of Poland, spend time in a real local home, and learn a skill that you can use over and over again, then book your cooking class now. We can’t wait to have you in our home!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PIEOGI COOKING CLASS?
- Guide – We’ll walk you through the process of selecting ingredients and preparing the dish. We will also be sharing stories about Polish culture and food.
- Location – The meeting point is the Central Market, where your host will help you select and buy ingredients. After that, you’ll be taken to your host’s home to prepare your pierogis. All the materials and instructions will be provided. Just bring your passion, curiosity, and attention.
- Food and Drink – We will guide you in the preparation of two different types of pierogis – Ruski and sweet. We’ll also be tasting a little vodka while we chat about food culture and Polish cooking tips.
- Tips and Advice – We will give you some great cooking advice as well as personalized recommendations for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. We’ll tell you about some wonderful local spots to visit for food, entertainment, and sightseeing.
GOOD TO KNOW
- We keep groups small for a more personalized and intimate experience. If you have a larger group, please contact us to explain your needs and we will do our best to accommodate you. Keep in mind that the class is held in a local home, so the number of participants per class is limited.
- If you have food allergies, we need to know. Please tell us about any allergies ahead of time.
- We will be walking from the meeting point at the market to your host’s home. The walking will be very manageable for most people. If you have mobility issues or are otherwise concerned about the walk, please talk to us about it ahead of time.
- When booking the tour, please make sure that your email address and phone number are correct. We need to be able to get in touch with you!
- Bring your passion and we’ll cook a famous Polish dish. Make pierogis with us and experience a Polish home.
(For general questions, please see our FAQ)