Forget what you think you know about vodka and join us for a tour! We’ll share the unique tastes and traditions of Poland’s favorite drink with you.
THE BASICS OF THE VODKA AND CULTURE TOUR
Price: PLN 220 / per person
Minimum Participants: 2 - Maximum Participants: 12 Private Tour option available
Starting Time: 1 pm or 5 pm (optional) / every day
Duration: 3 hours
Polish vodka is widely acknowledged to be some of the best in the world. We certainly agree and we can’t wait to share it with you. Over the course of 3 hours we’ll walk around the city, talking and sampling Polish vodka as we facts and insight about the local history and culture. We’ll stop at 4 different restaurants and pubs, sampling 7 different vodkas and four or five Polish vodka food (4-5 sampling) along the way.
In Poland, vodka is usually drank straight, in the form of shots. Sometimes we say“dodna I nozdarowye,” which means that we drink “to the bottom.” This isn’t an easy phrase to say, but we’re sure that by the end of the tour you’ll have the hang of it. We have tons of interesting facts and traditions to share with you about this culturally important drink. For example, did you know that Polish vodka is served all over the world and was even used as a currency during communism? Or that no Polish celebration is complete without at least one bottle of the spirit? Also, Poles have a secret tip that you can use to avoid getting too drunk too quickly—we’ll share it with you on the tour. We’ll also teach you a bit about the high-quality ingredients and brewing methods used to make Polish vodka. We’ll share all of this with you while sampling some of the best vodkas Poland has to offer.
Our small tours offer a perfect opportunity for an authentic and informative experience. You’ll leave feeling like you’ve enjoyed a good night out with friends, the most Polish experience of all.
**Please be advised that this is not a pub crawl. We sample quality vodka, paired with food and enjoy good company. No clubs are visited.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Guide – Each tour is led by one of our passionate and knowledgeable guides. We will tell you about the history of vodka, how it is made, and how it is normally enjoyed.
- Restaurants & Pubs – We will visit 4 different establishments, each with a unique atmosphere. You’ll get to experience places where mostly locals hang out.
- Vodka – You will be tasting 7 different types of can’t-miss Polish vodkas. That’s ample for enjoyment, learning, and a memorable evening, but not enough to get drunk.
- Food – We’ll be having 4-5 typical Polish vodka food that accompany Polish drinking. You will get to find out for yourself how Poles keep their balance even when drinking a lot of vodka.
- Tips and Advice– Your guide will give you a foodie map, cookbook as well as some personalized recommendations for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. We’ll tell you about some more great local spots to visit for food, entertainment, and sightseeing.
- Summary – Each guest will get a summary of the tour to help you remember the places we have visited and the vodkas we have tried.
GOOD TO KNOW
- We offer the tour in English. Tour in different languages available on request.
- The tour lasts app. 3 hours.
- We run private tours for smaller or larger groups. Just contact us to explain your needs, and we will do our very best to work with you.
- We can accommodate more than a group of 12 people on our tour. Please contact us if your group is larger than 8 people.
- This is not a pub crawl, and we don’t visit any clubs. We taste vodka along with some food pairings, and we enjoy a pleasant chat.
- If you have food allergies, we need to know. Please tell us about any allergies ahead of time.
- All places visited during the tour are in waking distance. The walking will be very manageable for most people. If you have mobility issues or are otherwise concerned about the walk, please talk to us about it ahead of time.
- When booking the tour, please make sure that your email address and phone number are correct. We need to be able to get in touch with you!
- Payment should be done online.
(For general questions, please see FAQ)
In front of Theatre Kwadrat
Address: Marszałkowska 138