Leave any ideas you have about vodka at home and get a taste of truly authentic Polish vodka! Take our tour for a unique experience getting to know all about Poland’s customs and traditions.
THE BASICS OF Wroclaw Vodka Tour
Price: PLN 220 / per person
Minimum Participants: 2 - Maximum Participants: 12 Private Tour option available
Starting Time: 1 pm or 5 pm (optional) / every day
Duration: 3 hours
Polish vodka has a reputation for being one of the best in the world and we wouldn’t disagree! Why not join us for a vodka and culture tour and see for yourself? Our tours are small and last for about three hours. We’ll walk through this hip city, sharing the story of the area and its traditions. Along the way, we’ll stop at 4 different pubs and restaurants where we’ll sample 7 different types of vodka and snack on four to five different Polish dishes.
The common method of consuming vodka in Poland is in shots. We even sometimes say “dodna I nozdarowye” meaning “to the bottom” or down it! We admit, this isn’t an easy phrase to pronounce, but we’re sure that with a little practice (and after a few glasses!) you’ll get the hang of it. In addition to the actual drinking, we’ll share insight about the ingredients that make these vodkas special and the methods used to make them. Vodka drinking is an important Polish tradition and we’ll share some of these traditions with you. Did you know that no Polish celebration is complete without a bottle of vodka? We’ll tell you about how Polish vodka has gained fame world-wide and how it was even a form of currency during communist times. We even have a secret tip that prevents one from getting drunk too quickly that we’ll be sure to share with you on the tour! Not only will you have the opportunity to sample these delicious vodkas, but you will also get to learn about Polish culture as you do it. Drinking vodka and talking with friends is the most Polish tradition of all and we can’t wait to share it with you.
**Please be advised that this is not a pub crawl. We sample quality vodka, paired with food and enjoy good company. No clubs are visited.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Guide – Each tour is led by one of our passionate and knowledgeable guides. We will tell you about the history of vodka, how it is made, and how it is normally enjoyed.
- Restaurants & Pubs – We will visit 4 different establishments, each with a unique atmosphere. You’ll get to experience places where mostly locals hang out.
- Vodka – You will be tasting 7 different types of can’t-miss Polish vodkas. That’s ample for enjoyment, learning, and a memorable evening, but not enough to get drunk.
- Food – We’ll be having 4-5 typical Polish vodka food that accompany Polish drinking. You will get to find out for yourself how Poles keep their balance even when drinking a lot of vodka.
- Tips and Advice– Your guide will give you a foodie map, cookbook as well as some personalized recommendations for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. We’ll tell you about some more great local spots to visit for food, entertainment, and sightseeing.
- Summary – Each guest will get a summary of the tour to help you remember the places we have visited and the vodkas we have tried.
GOOD TO KNOW
- We offer the tour in English. Tour in different languages available on request.
- The tour lasts app. 3 hours.
- We run private tours for smaller or larger groups. Just contact us to explain your needs, and we will do our very best to work with you.
- We can accommodate more than a group of 10 people on our tour. Please contact us if your group is larger than 8 people.
- This is not a pub crawl, and we don’t visit any clubs. We taste vodka along with some food pairings, and we enjoy a pleasant chat.
- If you have food allergies, we need to know. Please tell us about any allergies ahead of time.
- All places visited during the tour are in waking distance. The walking will be very manageable for most people. If you have mobility issues or are otherwise concerned about the walk, please talk to us about it ahead of time.
- When booking the tour, please make sure that your email address and phone number are correct. We need to be able to get in touch with you!
- Payment should be done online.
(For general questions, please see FAQ)
In front of Mc Donald's in Main Square
Address: Rynek 30