A great introduction to Polish culture and the city. Experience authentic traditional Polish food and local tastes in Krakow and Wroclaw with a local guide.
THE BASICS OF THE DELICıOUS POLAND FOOD TOUR
Price: PLN 210 (EUR 49) per person
Minumum Participants: 2 - Maximum Participants: 8 Private Tour option available
Starting Time: 1 pm or 5 pm (optional) / every day
WHAT IS THE DELICIOuS FOOD TOUR?
Trying new foods is a huge part of visiting new places, but it is always difficult to find the best places to try authentic dishes. You could wander around randomly choosing places to eat, you could spend hours reading reviews online, or you could just join us for our food and culture tour. If you choose the latter option, a local will take you to some of our favorite places and will guide you as you try a variety of tasty and authentic Polish foods.
Our tour is about more than just food. As we walk, talk, and eat, your guide regales you with stories of the cultural traditions and history of the places we go and the foods we try. In order to give you the personalized experience you deserve, we keep our tours small. We will chat like good friends, and you can ask any questions you want about the foods, the locations, or Polish culture in general. If you come along on our Krakow tour, you will have the pleasure of visiting the historic and charming neighborhood of Kazimierz, which is both a hip corner of town and a hub of cultural exchange. As we make our way through the bustling streets of this wonderful neighborhood, we will stop to sample a variety of Poland’s favorite foods, Krakow specialties, and more. Whether you join us in Krakow or Wroclaw, you’ll have a chance to sample 13-14 different foods, ending with a delectable dessert. This is definitely not a tour to start on a full stomach! It can easily substitute for a meal.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to our favorite Polish dishes!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE DELICIOUS POLAND FOOD TOUR?
- Guide – Each tour is led by a friendly guide, and we are eager to share some of the stories we learned at the feet of our parents and grandparents. We’re passionate and knowledgeable about food and food culture.
- Restaurants – We will visit 5 different establishments, and will have a chance to reflect on the atmosphere of each. You’ll be able to experience places where mostly locals hang out.
- Food – You will get to taste 13 to 14 different food items, and there will be dessert. That’s a lot of food – more than enough for lunch or dinner – so come hungry. Unless you have a superhuman appetite, you will be full by the end.
- Beverage – You will be served water, coffee, or tea. Of course, we will also taste some Polish craft beer and enjoy the customary shot of Polish vodka.
- Tips and Advice – Your guide will give you some personalized recommendations for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. We will tell you about some more great local spots to visit for food, entertainment, and sightseeing.
- Summary – Each guest will get a summary of the tour to help you remember the places we have visited and the foods we have tried.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The tour is run in Krakow and Wroclaw.
- We offer the tour in English. Tour in different languages available on request.
- The tour lasts app. 3h 30 min.
- We run private tours for smaller or larger groups. Just contact us to explain your needs, and we will do our very best to work with you.
- We can accommodate more than a group of 8 people on our tour. Please contact us if your group is larger than 8 people.
- If you have food allergies, we need to know. Please tell us about any allergies ahead of time.
- All places visited during the tour are within walking distance. The walking will be very manageable for most people. If you have mobility issues or are otherwise concerned about the walk, please talk to us about it ahead of time.
- When booking the tour, please make sure that your email address and phone number are correct. We need to be able to get in touch with you!
- Our food tour is scheduled during the afternoon (1 pm) and evening (5 pm). Please let us know which option suits you better.
(For general questions, please see our FAQ)
MEETING POINT IN KRAKOW
1 pm tour meets in front of Market Hall Unitarg.
Address: Grzegórzecka 3 (Under the Grzegórzecka 3 Unitarg sign)
5 pm tour meets in front of Old Synagogue, Kazimierz (Szeroka 24)
MEETING POINT IN Wroclaw
In front of Mc Donald's in Main Square
Address: Rynek 30