A great introduction to Polish culture and the city. Experience authentic traditional Polish food and local tastes on our Krakow Food Tour!
THE BASICS OF THE tradıtıonal POLısh FOOD TOUR
Price: PLN 250 / per person
Minimum Participants: 1 - Maximum Participants: 12 Private Tour option available
Starting Time: 1 pm or 5 pm (optional) / every day
Duration: 3.5 hours
WHAT IS THE tradıtıonal polısh FOOD TOUR?
Trying new foods is a huge part of visiting new places, but it is always difficult to find the best places to try authentic dishes. You could wander around randomly choosing places to eat, you could spend hours reading reviews online, or you could just join us for our food and culture tour. If you choose the latter option,we will take you to some of our favorite places and will guide you as you try a variety of tasty and authentic Polish foods.
Our tour is about more than just food. As we walk, talk, and eat, your guide regales you with stories of the cultural traditions and history of the places we go and the foods we try. In order to give you the personalized experience you deserve, we keep our tours small. We will chat like good friends, and you can ask any questions you want about the foods, the locations, or Polish culture in general. If you come along on our Krakow tour, you will have the pleasure of visiting the historic and charming neighborhood of Kazimierz, which is both a hip corner of town and a hub of cultural exchange. As we make our way through the bustling streets of this wonderful neighborhood, we will stop to sample a variety of Poland’s favorite foods, Krakow specialties, and more. You’ll have a chance to sample 14-15 different foods, Polish craft beer and vodka, ending with a delectable dessert. This is definitely not a tour to start on a full stomach! It can easily substitute for a meal.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to our favorite Polish dishes!
**Please arrive hungry, absolutely there is no need for lunch/before and dinner/after the tour.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN the prıce?
- Guide – Each tour is led by a friendly guide, and we are eager to share some of the stories we learned at the feet of our parents and grandparents. We’re passionate and knowledgeable about food and food culture.
- Restaurants – We will visit 5-6 different establishments, and will have a chance to reflect on the atmosphere of each. You’ll be able to experience places where mostly locals hang out.
- Food – You will get to taste 14 to 15 different food items, and there will be dessert. That’s a lot of food – more than enough for lunch or dinner – so come hungry. Unless you have a superhuman appetite, you will be full by the end.
- Beverage – You will be served water and soft drink. Of course, we will also taste some Polish craft beer and enjoy Polish vodkas.
- Tips and Advice – Your guide will give you our foodie map, cookbook and some personalized recommendations for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. We will tell you about some more great local spots to visit for food, entertainment, and sightseeing.
- Summary – Each guest will get a summary of the tour to help you remember the places we have visited and the foods we have tried.
GOOD TO KNOW
- We offer the tour in English. Tour in different languages available on request.
- The tour lasts app. 3h 30 min.
- We run private tours for smaller or larger groups. Just contact us to explain your needs, and we will do our very best to work with you.
- We can accommodate more than a group of 12 people on our tour. Please contact us if your group is larger than 10 people.
- If you have food allergies, we need to know. Please tell us about any allergies ahead of time.
- All places visited during the tour are within walking distance. The walking will be very manageable for most people. If you have mobility issues or are otherwise concerned about the walk, please talk to us about it ahead of time.
- When booking the tour, please make sure that your email address and phone number are correct. We need to be able to get in touch with you!
- Our food tour is scheduled during the afternoon (1 pm) and evening (5 pm). Please let us know which option suits you better.
- Payment should be done online.
- **Please arrive hungry, absolutely there is no need for lunch/before and dinner/after the tour.
(For general questions, please see our FAQ)
(The meeting point will be confirmed via email)
1 pm / 5 pm tours (Mon-Sat) meet in front of Market Hall Unitarg.
Address: Grzegórzecka 3 (Under the Grzegórzecka 3 Unitarg sign)
Sunday tours (1 pm / 5 pm) meet in front of Old Synagogue, Kazimierz
Adress: Szeroka 24