Forget the taste of vodka you get back home! Join us for experiencing the unique and delicious taste of Poland's most social drink!
THE basıcs OF THE vodka and culture tour
Price: PLN 200 / per person
Minimum Participants: 2 - Maximum Participants: 10 Private Tour option available
Starting Time: 1 pm or 5 pm (optional) / every day
Duration: 3 hours
WHAT IS DELICIOUS POLAND VODKA AND CULTURE TOUR?
Did you know that Polish vodka is widely believed to be one of the best in the world? We certainly think so! If you’d like to find out for yourself, you should definitely join us for our vodka and culture tour. On this 3-hour walking, talking, and drinking tour we’ll take you to 4 local pubs and restaurants, sampling quality vodkas paired with Polish vodka food.
The Polish people often drink vodka in shots, and sometimes use the expression “dodna I nozdarowye,” which roughly translates to “to the bottom.” It’s not an easy phrase to spell or pronounce, but we’ll work on it during the tour, and you’ll have it down by the end.
We’ll also be discussing the culture that surrounds Polish vodka, and we’ll share some interesting tidbits about the drink. For instance, did you know that no Polish celebration can be held without at least one bottle of vodka? Or that Poles have a secret way of avoiding getting drunk too fast? We’ll share it with you on the tour. Other fun tidbits you’ll learn will include which Polish vodka has been served during Oscar nights, why vodka was used as currency during communism, and what ingredients make the best quality vodka. You’ll learn all this and more as we taste some of the best vodkas Poland has to offer.
Come along with us on this small-group tour and enjoy the most Polish experience of all – sharing good drinks with good friends.
**This is not a pub crawl, and we don’t visit any clubs. We taste quality vodkas along with some food pairings, and we enjoy a pleasant chat.
WHAT IS INCLUDED ın the prıce?
- Guide – Each tour is led by one of our passionate and knowledgeable guides. We will tell you about the history of vodka, how it is made, and how it is normally enjoyed.
- Restaurants & Pubs – We will visit 4 different establishments, each with a unique atmosphere. You’ll get to experience places where mostly locals hang out.
- Vodka – You will be tasting 7 different types of can’t-miss Polish vodkas. That’s ample for enjoyment, learning, and a memorable evening, but not enough to get drunk.
- Food – We’ll be having some of the typical Polish food that accompany Polish drinking. You will get to find out for yourself how Poles keep their balance even when drinking a lot of vodka.
- Tips and Advice– Your guide will give you a foodie map, cookbook as well as some personalized recommendations for how to enjoy the rest of your stay. We’ll tell you about some more great local spots to visit for food, entertainment, and sightseeing.
- Summary – Each guest will get a summary of the tour to help you remember the places we have visited and the vodkas we have tried.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The tour is run in Krakow, Warsaw and Wroclaw.
- We offer the tour in English. Tour in different languages available on request.
- The tour lasts app. 3 hours.
- We run private tours for smaller or larger groups. Just contact us to explain your needs, and we will do our very best to work with you.
- We can accommodate more than a group of 10 people on our tour. Please contact us if your group is larger than 8 people.
- This is not a pub crawl, and we don’t visit any clubs. We taste vodka along with some food pairings, and we enjoy a pleasant chat.
- If you have food allergies, we need to know. Please tell us about any allergies ahead of time.
- All places visited during the tour are in waking distance. The walking will be very manageable for most people. If you have mobility issues or are otherwise concerned about the walk, please talk to us about it ahead of time.
- When booking the tour, please make sure that your email address and phone number are correct. We need to be able to get in touch with you!
- Payment should be done online.
(For general questions, please see FAQ)
MEETING POINT IN KRAKOW
In front of St Mary's Basilica in Old Town.
Address: Plac Mariacki 5
MEETING POINT IN WROCLAW
In front of Mc Donald's in Main Square
Address: Rynek 30
MEETING POINT IN warsaw
In front of Novotel Hotel
Address: Marszałkowska 94